Back button - multiple pages | XM Community
Question

Back button - multiple pages

• 2 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Is there a way of adding a button or editing the back button to skip back 2/3 pages and count how many times respondents click it? This is within the same block, and I’ve removed branch logic btw.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You can create embedded field to count back button click and initialize the value with 0. Then increase the count using JS. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

For skipping just use the below code and create a counter variable to store the clicks.

Skip:

jQuery(‘#NextButton’).click() #for next btn

jQuery(‘#PreviousButton’).click() #for previous btn

Store clicks:

var a=jQuery(‘.QuestionBody’).click()

if(a==True){ counter_val+=1}

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @RElsdon,

• Is there a way of adding a button or editing the back button to skip back 2/3 pages:- Unfortunately, you cannot, because as in Qualtrics terminology when it says “Survey Flow” it absolutely flows in sequential manner (where logics only flows in “forward” sequence).

• count how many times respondents click it? This is within the same block, and I’ve removed branch logic btw. :- As others suggested you can make use of “click()” event over the id “#PreviousButton” to capture the click counts.

All the best!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

There must be some code somewhere that tells Qualtrics that the back button goes back 1 page. Can I not just edit that line of code so it goes back 3 pages?

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

There’s a “solution” in this discussion:
Is it possible have back button send participant back 2 pages? | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

But that’s something you would have to implement on every single page of your survey. Not very practical :(

Leave a Reply