Building a survey that looks like this? | XM Community
Question

Building a survey that looks like this?

• 16 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi All,

Does anyone know if this survey was built in Qualtrics or if their is anyway to build a survey like this in Qualtrics. The benefit of this survey is it uses autoadvance but keeps the question body floating at the top of the page.

https://survey.indiana.edu/nsse_demo/-5830935/main/1/edit.cfm?CFID=8510420&CFTOKEN=a0dc260d36aa3743-9B4A4B7C-CE0B-A2F2-5DBEAD973A7284A3

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I would not say that the "indiana survey" is well displayed. And does it work with mobile devices...? However, you could easily work around by using page breaks. In addition, you can include a back button via the 'survey options'.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
@uhrxx005 I would agree with @Pat here - the survey looks horrific. When I am doing similar surveys, when I see such survey, I immediately close it - matrix table is obviously a much better choice here.

Page breaks are also a much more efficient way to organize a survey - infinite scrolling is not fancied by survey-takers as it instills a feeling that the survey is taking too long.

In terms of autoadvancing, you can easily apply auto-advance between pages using the Timing question.

Hope that helps.

Nikolay

Leave a Reply