Custom checkboxes are hidden? Why? | XM Community

Custom checkboxes are hidden? Why?

• 16 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,
I'm trying to integrate custom checkboxes into a qualtrics question, similar to this:

Check box test

In the editor I can see that the checkboxes have been successfully added, but I can't see them when I preview the survey:
Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 4.23.35 PM.pngWhat gives? I've tried adding css to display the checkboxes, but I haven't yet found the correct code to get them to show up.
thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

You may need to adjust the layout of the checkboxes. You can use CSS to adjust the size and placement of the checkboxes on the page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/54087#Comment_54087sorry, that's what I have been struggling with. I've been unable to figure out the CSS needed to display the checkboxes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I believe the class name is conflicting and causing issues. Need to explore what is stopping to display of the checkbox.
Additionally, would it be more efficient to use a Multi-Choice question instead of trying to add a checkbox within a Text/Graphic question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

It's all because of Qualtrics theme. Use Qualtrics dom structure via inspect element and pull the class and ID of existing check box and Its label. Use the same for custom one. Better you can copy the complete HTML of one check box and apply changes on that.

Leave a Reply