Custom Shareable Survey URL | XM Community

Custom Shareable Survey URL

• 27 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello
Is it possible to have a survey URL that is customizable to make it unique and shareable. I know Qualtrics offers anonymous links however they are not sharable, meaning two different users can not access and use the survey. The other options Qualtrics offers is composing an email which creates a unique URL that is shareable, however this takes time and requires going into Qualtrics every time and composing an email.
What I am trying to do is have a base default URL that I can add something to the end of the URL (i.e. Customers Name) to make it unique and most importantly shareable so I do not have to compose an email every. Any help would be appreciated or if someone can point me in the right direction.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

RyanBrickman Could you explain this a little more? In a Qualtrics Survey you always have the option of sending out an anonymous survey link that can be reused. Could you explain a little more about how you would use the customized link? As I understand your question, you would want to put the customer's name as part of the link but still have it reused. Who would the other people using the customer's link be?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

jmborzick Thank you for responding.
Here is how my survey will be used.
Multiple users will contribute to filling out a single survey, hence the survey link/URL needs to be shareable where it saves each others information and each user can see each others information that was entered.
When I compose an email it sends a link that is unique, shareable and saves the information each users enters on the survey. This satisfies my requirements however it requires me going into Qualtrics and composing an email each time which takes time, especially if I am sending out 10-20 surveys a day. I would like to not have to go into Qualtrics each time.
If I use the anonymous default link it is unique (and shareable) but not shareable in the sense that multiple users can use that same link, enter their information, it saves their information and each users can see each others information.
I like that the anonymous link is the same link/URL each time and I can just save the URL on my notepad and just forward the link to users as needed without going into Qualtrics. However this link does not allow multiple users to use/share/contribute to the the same survey.
What I would like to have is the benefits of both.
Have a default URL/Link that is shareable where multiple users can access the same survey, enter information and see each others information but without having to Compose an email. This is what I need. Not sure if and how this is possible but I had an idea.
Having a default/base URL (so I do not have to go into Qualtrics to compose an email each time) but then add a variable to the URL string such as a "Customer Name" to make it unique and shareable.
Hope this better explains, if you need any more clarity let me know. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

RyanBrickman That makes sense. I think that this thread addresses your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

jmborzick I do not think this is really what I need. If I understand it a trigger notification is sent to a user once another user is done and there is some kind of authentication that occurs. This seems more complicated then it needs to be.
Is there not a way to have a link that is unique, shareable and multiple users can contribute to a survey as the same time without me having to go into Qualtrics to compose an email.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

jmborzick Reading through it again it might work however the issue I see is that the users on each survey will vary so much that it would be a nightmare to have saved groups/contacts and then do all the programming. If I can figure this out it would be a tremendous win for our customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

RyanBrickman Because you need the customers to see their group's members' responses, there isn't an easy way to do it that I'm aware of. There are ways to generate unique links that you could share to a group, but it would submit new responses, not add on to prior responses.

Leave a Reply