Customizing the Slider Bar | XM Community
Solved

Customizing the Slider Bar

Wanting to know what shade of a color, for example, purple, respondents would want to purchase...dark, medium or light. Doesn't seem like I can customize a slider bar to have the scale represent color. Any other ideas?
icon

Best answer by TomG 26 June 2018, 01:23

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can customize the slider colors with CSS added to the survey look & feel or inside a `<style>` tag in the question text.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi @aburke,
I have just customized colors on my sliders, so I share my code with you and others.

` .Skin .SS .horizontalbar .SSTrack,.Skin .horizontalbar .Slider .track{height:8px;opacity:.5;filter:alpha(opacity=50);top:10px;border-radius:40px;background-color:#B3914F; border-color:#B3914F;}`

` .Skin .SS .SSTrack:hover,.Skin .horizontalbar .Slider .BarContainer:hover .track,.Skin .horizontalbar .Slider .activated .track{opacity:1;filter:alpha(opacity=100);background-color:#B3914F; border-color:#B3914F;}`

` .Skin .SB input,.Skin .SS .horizontalbar .handle,.Skin .SS .verticalbar .SSTrack .handle,.Skin .horizontalbar .BarContainer:hover .bar,.Skin .horizontalbar .Slider .handle,.Skin .horizontalbar .activated .bar{background:#3A2310;} `

` .Skin .SS .horizontalbar .handle:hover,.Skin .horizontalbar .Slider .handle:hover{background:#3A2310;} `
Userlevel 7
Badge +27

JenLouiseD

I'd love to know how you remove the minus sign from the scales?

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" ul.numbers li").each(function() { this.innerHTML = this.innerHTML.replace("-",""); });
(And what is the popup tooltips you are referring to?)

The "3" in the image below:
image.png

Hi All,
I'm trying to customize the position of labels on a slider but can't seem to find where i can insert CSS or modify the layout with html. Any suggestions would be great. Ideally, i want the first label (None at all) to appear above the 0, the next around the 25% mark, then the 50%, 75% and 100%. Can you create your own automatic label and add it to the standard list? Ideally i would like to add % to the numbers.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm relatively new to Qualtrics and still trying to navigate my way around.

Cheers,
Janette !
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @irish_qual said:
> @TomG Thanks- I should of mentioned that I also have done that. My problem is with removing the minus from the values on the left of the 0. So both sides read 0 to 99p

You'll have to write JS to do that. Removing the minus signs from the scale is pretty easy, but removing them from the popup tooltips is very complicated.
Thanks, Tom. That is a bit beyond my skill level, but I appreciate knowing where to begin my research!
> @JanetteM said:
> Hi All,
> I'm trying to customize the position of labels on a slider but can't seem to find where i can insert CSS or modify the layout with html. Any suggestions would be great. Ideally, i want the first label (None at all) to appear above the 0, the next around the 25% mark, then the 50%, 75% and 100%. Can you create your own automatic label and add it to the standard list? Ideally i would like to add % to the numbers.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm relatively new to Qualtrics and still trying to navigate my way around.
>
> Cheers,
> Janette ![](https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/qualtrics-us/attachment/ue_5qb8au1ti6xz.png

@JanetteM ,
To add % to the numbers, paste the following code in the "look and feel"-> "Advanced" -> "Add custom css": `ul.numbers li::after { content:"%"; }`

For the position of the label, you can put the grid lines value as 4 OR 8 OR 12.
output using grid line 4
!
Hi,

I'm trying to create a slider with two values: "Yes" on the left and "No" on the right. The slider should be centred on zero and have a max of "99 p" on both sides. So far, I've only worked out how to centre the cursor on zero and have the range from -99 to 99.

Any help with this would be great!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@irish_qual - Add "Yes" and "No" as labels:
!
@TomG Thanks- I should of mentioned that I also have done that. My problem is with removing the minus from the values on the left of the 0. So both sides read 0 to 99p
Userlevel 1

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/8633#Comment_8633Hi @Tom, I'd love to know how you remove the minus sign from the scales? (Ie. what JS to insert)
(And what is the popup tooltips you are referring to?)

I would like to put a free response box next to the slide bar. Is this possible?

Leave a Reply