Help with running a megastudy for norming psycholinguistic ratings data | XM Community
Question

Help with running a megastudy for norming psycholinguistic ratings data

• 5 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi all! 

I have about 1800 scenarios I want 300 participants to write about and rate on various dimensions. I want these scenarios to be piped into questions randomly for each individual, but I only want each scenario to appear twice across my sample (3600 observations, so 12 scenario prompts per participant).

It’s very important that I can match up the piped scenario with the written response and the ratings data for analyses. 

Do you have any advice on how to go about this? The best I’ve come up with is using loop and merge with randomization and a fixed number of displays, but I’m not sure how I would configure it to account for what has been displayed to other participants? The formatting of data ouput using loop and merge also concerns me.

If I used different survey links, would I have to create 300 and pre-apportion the scenarios? That seems very time-consuming.

Perhaps there is a way to use JS to refer to an external datastore that could help keep track of the randomization. 

I know these types of studies have been conducted for far larger datasets, but the methods sections are opaque. Any guidance or code would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes, we can create a separate database and using web service call, assign the scenarios.

Badge +1

Hi @rondev ,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any resources to help with this implementation such as code or guides? Thanks.

Leave a Reply