Random assignment and quote | XM Community
Question

Random assignment and quote

• 14 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

I have a transcript that I want participants to rate. I want exactly 10 ratings per transcript. THere are 50 transcripts. How do I ensure there are 10 ratings per transcript of 50 transcripts that are randomly assigned? 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Since Quotas are updated after end of survey so their might be few addtional responses as well for the transcript. We can add surveyflow something like below for all 50 transcript to assign the tanscript:

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hey @seb.marin You can create embedded data for every transcript and apply quota for the same.

I have created 3 blocks (you will have to create 50 in your case) which has 3 questions (transcripts in your use case) and these will be randomly shown to participants (you can add display logic for them as well which will be shown/assigned only if specific condition is met).
Created embedded data for each transcript respectively.
Create Quota for every embedded data and set the Quota limit as 10. Quota count will increase by 1 if the embedded data condition is met. Do this for all the 50 transcripts. You can also set what should happen with the customer when the he/she tries to rate the transcript which has already reached the limit of 10 with the help of ‘Quota Options.’

Is this what are you looking for?

Badge +1

@Shashi @omkarkewat Thank you for your responses! One goal I was trying to achieve was managing number of blocks in the survey flow. To reduce the number of blocks (and my own labor), I wanted to use the loop and merge function somehow. What I’ve come up with (and have yet to test) is exactly what you both have suggested and adding in a loop and merge. Basically, I have uploaded the same 50 transcripts to 10 fields. I’m going to create 10 blocks, 1 per field. I’m going to set the quota for each block at 50. I’m going to randomize each transcript (loop) and present one transcript (loop) at a time. Then I’ll evenly distribute and randomize the block. Thoughts? 

Badge +1

Actually, I tried this and there’s no guarantee exactly which transcript the respondent is shown. @omkarkewat your solution works! 

Leave a Reply