Send survey email in language based on country field | XM Community
Question

Send survey email in language based on country field

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 449 replies

Hi,

We would like to have a pilot transactional survey based on Salesforce event. Our current ISO language field is in a different format than what Qualtrics accepts. Can we use a SF country field to set up a language somewhere  in Qualtrics Workflow, e.g. javaScript or something to do, for example, if country is France-send the email in French etc. 

We will do a Salesforce development on the language codes after the pilot, so we need to have an interim solution meanwhile.

Thanks a lot!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

hi @MsIreen , if you can pull the language abbreviations same as below table (French=FR) then you can show your survey in French by mapping language data in Q_Language variable and also can send invite in French language itself.  (Continue reading . . . ).

SQI Albanian FR French NO Norwegian
AR Arabic FR-CA French Canadian ORI Odia/Oriya
HYE Armenian KAT Georgian FA Persian
ASM Assamese DE German PL Polish
AZ-AZ Azeri/Azerbaijani (Latin script) EL Greek PT Portuguese
ID Bahasa Indonesia GU Gujarati PA-IN Punjabi
MS Bahasa Malaysia HE Hebrew RO Romanian
BEL Belarusian HI Hindi RU Russian
BN Bengali HU Hungarian SR Serbian
BS Bosnian HIL Ilonggo/Hiligaynon SIN Sinhalese
PT-BR Brazilian Portuguese IT Italian SK Slovak
BG Bulgarian ISL Icelandic SL Slovenian
CA Catalan JA Japanese ES-ES Spanish EU
CEB Cebuano KAN Kannada ES Spanish LATAM
ZH-S Chinese (Simplified) KAZ Kazakh (Cyrilic) SW Swahili
ZH-T Chinese (Traditional) KM Khmer SV Swedish
HR Croatian KO Korean TGL Tagalog
CS Czech LV Latvian TA Tamil
DA Danish LT Lithuanian TEL Telugu
NL Dutch MK Macedonian TH Thai
EN-GB English – UK MAL Malayalam TR Turkish
EN English – US MAR Marathi UK Ukrainian
EO Esperanto MN Mongolian UR Urdu
ET Estonian SR-ME Montenegrin VI Vietnamese
FI Finnish MY Myanmar/Burmese CY Welsh

If you only want to show your survey in French language. Then you try this.

Suppose your salesforce language field name= sf__language you can extract that information in XMD and map sf__language with XMD Q_lang.

Example= sf__language=French

then Q_lang is also equal to French.

then you can punch the Q_Language value as FR respective to Q_lang=French variable. Same why you can apply punching for other countries.  But make sure to apply this punching at the beginning of survey flow (before all questions).

Try this and test your survey with sample data properly before launch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ArunDubey this will not unfortunately solve the email invite language problem for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

This can solve, if you apply some tricks. Refer below.

• instead of creating one invite file in library and uploading translation on that you can create country wise invite files.
  • Create email automation respective to each country.
  • All filter criteria on each automation using language variable, eg. for English, you can use embedded data sf__language=English then send survey, or for French, you can use sf__language=French then send survey.

Then you can apply Q_Language embedded field punching logic as mentioned in my previous response to show your survey in French. Try this, but make sure to test it properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ArunDubey it is a transactional survey integrated and triggered by SF event, so we do not create any distribution files.

My thinking was if in the Qualtrics workflow before the distribution task we can create a code which would create a variable based on the country field value in SF. And we will pass this value to the distribution task under the language.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Btw, I also considered creating in the Qualtrics workflow conditions and different distributions, but this is a huge amount of manual work due to contact embedded data field creation for each of the distribution, which is hundreds of fields (so it is the least preferred option)

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@ArunDubey it is a transactional survey integrated and triggered by SF event, so we do not create any distribution files.

My thinking was if in the Qualtrics workflow before the distribution task we can create a code which would create a variable based on the country field value in SF. And we will pass this value to the distribution task under the language.

So, your process is, in some point SF account information will be updated based on sold and shipping information and Qualtrics will extract that information and update the XMD to trigger the survey from Qualtrics. If you are using the Qualtrics distribution, then distribution task in workflow cannot handle this as there is no such filter option. Then you will need to create email distribution automation under XM directory and can apply filter there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ArunDubey I guess you are talking about the message triggers in a mailing list? 

In this case we will need to create separate emails per language, I guess, for each country? We have an embedded question in the email, so i think it will still be in english regardless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I’m talking about email automation. it’s way much better option then message trigger. try this one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ArunDubey oh I see. However, the embedded question problem will still stand, also I have a concern. So new contacts will be added daily to the list, but the automation can be configured only as to all contacts who, let’s say have “France” as a value in the country field. the filter logic will have to be quite complex and thought through, as we have repeated contacts, to whom we want to send survey again, also contacts who received some other surveys, so, e.g. statistics filters would not help for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You can schedule your automation daily basis, can give 5 different times to trigger the survey. Statistics filter should help on this, you will need create combinations. Where you can give frequency of survey trigger to specific contact. you can apply merge rules so based on that rule your survey will be triggered to that respondent. you should explore Qualtrics support site for the same.

Leave a Reply