Calculating response rate for every survey | XM Community
Question

Calculating response rate for every survey

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I’m interested in knowing the % of people who answered a survey compared to the total number of people who received a given survey. It’s as simple as that, however Qualtrics makes it so complicated. I went several times through this page, but it just doesn’t work for me: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/xm-directory-respondent-funnel/#ResponseCompletionRate

Firstly, I don’t want to know how many survey were started, only how many were finished ones.

Then, I don’t care if the answer comes from an invite or a reminder. Also, I have several distributions per survey project. How can I measure yearly trends for my response rate? 

Finally, when I add the funnel statistics to a dashboard, I have the impression the calculation is made for the whole directory of the contacts. How can I filter on one specific survey? Knowing that I have embedded data in each survey that helps me differenciate between them. But in the data source of the funnel statistics this field is nowhere to be found.

Please help.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello there! I can help answer part of your question. You are correct; the Respondent Funnel brings in directory information for all your surveys. Be sure to add a page filter by Survey ID. The Survey ID can be found in your Account Settings, and I’ll attach some documentation here on where to navigate. That way, you can ensure the response rate information is applicable to your specific survey you’re looking at!

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks @tannerfaragher for your answer. When I filter on data source and choose the survey I’m interested in, there are no details. I think this data is pulled solely from the funnel data for the contacts directory :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey @Iolanda, thanks for the reply. Can you please go to the Dashboard Settings and ensure you have Survey ID mapped in the Funnel Directory source? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

There is one option, try this. you can create Custom Metrics to populate response rate and show it under record table. That option is under Dashboard settings. you can apply calculation as per your requirement.

Leave a Reply