Adding country-specific embedded data for invitation | XM Community
Question

Adding country-specific embedded data for invitation

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi. I’m trying to create an invitation letter where I could add different phone number depending on the country. In most countries, we could use the default number but there would be some with different numbers. I thought it would be simple and therefore planned on using the branching like:

PhoneNumber = xxxxxxx
If Country=Ireland PhoneNumber = yyyyyy

However, I cannot get the PhoneNumber embedded in the letter even if I add this  ${e://Field/PhoneNumber}. In the email, it is empty.

Is there something I missed? Or is this just not possible to add in the invite like this?

Thank you for any good ideas!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

To pipe an embedded field into an email is has to be in the contact record. Anything set in the survey flow isn’t available.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If you are bringing your contacts manually you can just add this information in your contact list or if there is any type of workflow you are using to bring the contact maybe you can explore the task of basic transformation to do this for you.

With this information in your contacts information you can use it for your distribution. 

Badge +1

Thanks for your responses! It would have been too easy that way :-) I wanted to avoid making changes in the earlier process just by adding this simple rule in the workflow. Now you confirmed it cannot be done and therefore I need to make the modifications in the earlier phase of the process.

Leave a Reply