How do I delete my account? | XM Community
Solved

How do I delete my account?

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I need help deleting my account. I have tried deactivating it through my account settings however it keeps showing an error message saying that I need to contact Qualtrics Customer Support. I have tried logging into the Support Center but it’s not giving me any option to contact Support directly. Does anyone know a phone number or email I can use to contact them? I live in the UK so the number has to be +44.

Any form of help would be highly appreciated!

Thankyou!

icon

Best answer by Emmy98 16 April 2024, 12:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hello @Emmy98

The process to delete your Qualtrics account depends on the type of account you have:

1. Free Accounts: You can deactivate your free account by following these steps:

• Click the profile icon.
    • Select Account Settings.
    • Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Deactivate account.
    • Read the warning and type "DEACTIVATE" in the field.
    • Click Confirm.
  2. Organization Accounts: If you have an organization account, you need to contact your Brand Administrator to get it deleted.

3. Upgraded Personal Accounts: For upgraded personal accounts, you need to reach out to Qualtrics Support to request the deletion.

Please note that deactivating your account will make it irretrievable. You will not be able to access it or its contents again. Only deactivate your account if you are absolutely sure that is what you want to do.

You can reach out to Qualtrics Support through your Customer Success Hub. This option is ideal for troubleshooting, technical issues, and specific Qualtrics platform questions.

If you're unable to access the Support Center, I recommend reaching out to your Brand Administrator or Account Executive for further assistance.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge

Hello @Emmy98 and @Sachin Nandikol,

I am encountering the same issue. I wish to delete my free account, as this will enable me to create a new account with a license for my school project. However, even when following the steps provided by @Sachin Nandikol, I still encounter the same error message.

Is there a way to circumvent this issue? I used my school email for my free account, and I also need it for my new account, so ideally, the free account should be deleted first. Alternatively, is there another way to resolve this?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Emmy98,

You can try to contact them through the customer support hub and select "Get Technical Support".

Link: https://support-portal.qualtrics.com/

Or click on the 9 dots at the top right on the XM community page to open a navigation menu and select Customer Support Hub.

Hi @van Duijnhoven,

Similar to above.

More info on deactivating of free account:https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/managing-your-account/trial-accounts/#DeleteTrial

Badge +1

Hi all,

I managed to delete my free account and set up a new one. I did this by going on customer success hub then clicking ‘Report a technical issue’ button and this lead me to submit a ticket requesting Qualtrics to delete my account. They got back to me, by email, really promptly.

If you have a free account it is quicker to do this through ‘Account settings’ then clicking ‘Deactivate account’ but because this did not work for me, that is why I had to submit a ticket.

I hope that this helps!

@van Duijnhoven you can try this method as I had the same issue as you. I had set up my free account using my university email so my university couldn't set up a licensed one without me first deleting my free account.

Leave a Reply