How to add an "Add to Google calendar" link to the thank you email | XM Community
Question

How to add an "Add to Google calendar" link to the thank you email

Badge +1

Hi, 

I am making an event registration form and want to add an “add to google calendar” button with google meet link in the thank you email, so that people can add the schedule in their own google meet after submitting the registration form.

How can I do that?

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @bhaemily,

To include an ‘Add to Google Calendar’ button with a Google Meet link in your thank you email, there are no direct buttons available. But i would suggest to try these steps:

1. First Create your Google Calendar event and copy the meet link.
  2. In survey's Survey Flow add an ‘End of Survey’ element and customize the ‘Thank You’ message.
  3. In the ‘Thank You’ message add a button or link labeled ‘Add to Google Calendar. Set the URL of the button or link to the Google meet link.

This will add the event to the respondent's Google Calendar. Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

@Sachin Nandikol Hello,

Thanks so much for the response!

Actually the date and time of our event would change every day, so it would be hard to let respondents add the Google Calendar with actual date and time by doing the above you mentioned. They would have to manually type in the date and time so that they can save the event in Google calendar, which is not straightforward. We hope that they can add it to their calendar while the date and time can be automatically added to calendar by embedded data or other approaches.

Do you know anything about this?

Leave a Reply