Info about "sent surveys" to update contacts in Salesforce | XM Community
Question

Info about "sent surveys" to update contacts in Salesforce

• 16 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

is there a way to get Salesforce contacts updated after a survey has been sent to them?

The distribution of the survey happens automatically through a message trigger in QX. When a contact gets added to the QX list, a specific survey will be sent to them. 

The goal is that our agents get the info, if an email with that survey has been sent to a customer. If the customer got one, but hasn’t participated (which we would know as there wouldn’t be a created record in Salesforce with the response), our agents would have the option to reach out to them.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Melike

Create a workflow or process builder in Salesforce to trigger actions based on the survey response data received from Qualtrics. For example, you can create a workflow rule to update a custom field on the contact record indicating that a survey has been sent to the contact.

Set up notifications or reports in Salesforce to alert agents when a survey has been sent to a contact but no response has been received. You can create reports or dashboards to track survey responses and identify contacts who have not yet responded to the survey.

By setting up this workflow, your agents will be able to track which contacts have received a survey but have not yet responded, allowing them to follow up with those contacts as needed.

Badge +1

Hi @Umang Upadhyay,

thank you for the response.

This is the part, I don’t know how to do:

For example, you can create a workflow rule to update a custom field on the contact record indicating that a survey has been sent to the contact.

How do I get the info that a survey has been sent to a contact from QX?

I already have a flow running which updates the contact when a survey response record has been created in Salesforce. That’s not the issue.

I’d like to update the contacts in Salesforce after a survey has been distributed, and to do so, I’ll need QX to tell Salesforce, that a survey was sent to a specific contact.

Leave a Reply