Scoring | XM Community
Question

Scoring

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am currently conducting a survey experiment using a 7-point Likert scale. after completing the survey (results were recorded) I’ve encountered an issue where the data is displaying incorrect values, such as 8 and 11.

after asking chatGPT I found out that there’s a scoring option on the survey settings, it does solve the problem (if i delete all recorded responses.. but that’s what i’m trying to avoid..)

in other words : is there a retroactive solution that do not involve republishing my survey ?

Thank you in advance !

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi. You might want to verify whether the issue is with scoring values, or Recode Values. If it’s the latter, you should be able to correct those values in the survey editor and apply the changes to your data without losing any responses. It would require publishing an update to the survey.

Badge +1

Hi. You might want to verify whether the issue is with scoring values, or Recode Values. If it’s the latter, you should be able to correct those values in the survey editor and apply the changes to your data without losing any responses. It would require publishing an update to the survey.

Thank you for your answer

it is the latter, but when i correct it using the scoring section the old answers are still messed up..

Leave a Reply