Combining response date into 1 data value for dashboards | XM Community
Question

Combining response date into 1 data value for dashboards

• 17 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Have an issue where several survey responses were collected a day prior to the official launch.  In our dashboards, we show responses by day and would like to role the early responses into the next day’s responses.  Is there a way to do this on the dashboard without editing the individual response dates on the data & analysis tab?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Have an issue where several survey responses were collected a day prior to the official launch.  In our dashboards, we show responses by day and would like to role the early responses into the next day’s responses.  Is there a way to do this on the dashboard without editing the individual response dates on the data & analysis tab?

Hi, when you say responses were collected before launch, are these test responses or actual data that will be useful. If test responses are not required you can just delete them. Also which date field are you using on dashboard.. end date or recorded date? if you still want to keep them you can filter the responses till the date of launch export the data, make changes in the csv, deleted the old data and import the new data. You cannot directly edit dates as far as i know

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

They are valid responses and we’re using the recorded date in a graph to show responses by day.  If I exclude the “day early” responses (we had a rogue email go out) then the graph total doesn’t match the Responses total everywhere else.  Thinking the best option at this point is ditch the graph or switch to weekly view but that doesn’t provide the info we need to see spikes based on reminders going out.  Not the end of the world.  We put too much focus on response rates as it is hitting close to or above the 90% mark every time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

They are valid responses and we’re using the recorded date in a graph to show responses by day.  If I exclude the “day early” responses (we had a rogue email go out) then the graph total doesn’t match the Responses total everywhere else.  Thinking the best option at this point is ditch the graph or switch to weekly view but that doesn’t provide the info we need to see spikes based on reminders going out.  Not the end of the world.  We put too much focus on response rates as it is hitting close to or above the 90% mark every time.

Yup if weekly view is an option that can be used in your case then it would best!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

As Eumetis says, I don’t believe you can edit this directly either.  However you can update the response date/time with one of the update records API’s. So it’s possible without removing data, however adjusting the time period displayed seems easiest and without risk of updating other variables accidentally.  

Leave a Reply