• 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies

Hi,
I see the following message on my EX dashboard:
image.png
I am a brand admin, and I am assigned to a Role without any restrictions on this dashboard:
image.png
What am I still missing to be able to solve the error?
I am not a respondent on this project, and I am not in the hierarchy.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

image.pngif you restrict the data by including a variable, for example city as embedded data in the users' files..

Badge

Hi JoycaV, Have you been able to solve the problem? I am experiencing the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/53443#Comment_53443Hai1904, yes. It was because on the dashboard, we had multiple datasources. The hierarchies of the multiple projects had to be mapped to eachther, AND in the second/third/etc survey, we need to regularly push the button "update responses with current metadata". This updates some auto-genrated fields labeled "timestamp of last medatada update", "org hierarcy direct report units". That "org hierarchy direct report units" you will notice on your surveys that they appear multiple times within the field list. This is linked to the mapped hierarchies, each appearance of this field reflects the org hierarchy id's of those linked hierarchies. As long as those fields are empty (if you did not refresh the metadata), the dashboard is unable to check for those responses who is allowed to see them in the linked hierarchy.
Because the dashboard is built on the "first" survey and has authorisations based on the hierarchy of the "first" survey only, so the hierarchies of the "second/third" survey etc need the mapping to the "first" survey's hierarchy for the roles to be evaluated.

I do hope the explanation makes sense, because it's quite complicated and took us quite some time to figure out what the actual problem was.

Badge

Hi JoycaV, thank you very much for your explanation. It is really good to know the problem you experienced, however, in my case, I only have one data source.

Badge

Hi JoycaV, the problem has been solved when I was granted Admin right for the instance I was working on, before I am a standard Qualtrics user.

Leave a Reply