List of Eligible Users as Dropdown Options | XM Community
Question

List of Eligible Users as Dropdown Options

• 19 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi! I am creating an always-on “suggestion box” of sorts where employees can give suggestions to other employees. For this, I envisioned a question like “Please select the employee from the dropdown menu whom you’d like to give a suggestion to.” 

The issue: The dropdown options need to be a list of all active users in our Qualtrics instance. How do I get this to work? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Unless the users are changed quite frequently, you could a static list and get people to select using it.

Alternatively, you will need a server at the backend which calls the Qualtrics API. You can call this server using the web service element to get the latest user list, each time a person starts the survey.

Badge +4

Thanks, @ahmedA. The kicker is that employees receiving feedback need to be able to see the feedback meant for them on either (1) a dashboard or (2) a Qualtrics ticket (we’re still deciding between options 1 and 2). So I don’t think we can do just a static list of names because these have to be tied to actual users if that makes sense.

I sort of get what you mean with the second solution you listed. It would have to be almost like the Qualtrics API calls the users table and pulls the entire list of users in, right?   

Badge +4

For posterity’s sake, I found my own solution to this:

I set up a daily standalone workflow that points to an SFTP site ( I also tested it with a Google Sheet and that works too) that updates a series of SDSs that feed Text entry questions that use the Autocomplete feature.

Leave a Reply