Can Qualtrics be Integrated with RedCap in anyway? | XM Community
Solved

Can Qualtrics be Integrated with RedCap in anyway?

• 10 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
Right now I have a survey that redirects to a RedCap survey. I want to tie the responses from both surveys together so I was wondering if any direct integration is possible so that I can achieve this.
icon

Best answer by TomG 10 January 2019, 21:45

View original

6 replies

Do you know what we need to reformat the qualtrics survey into so REDcap can read it?
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/13032#Comment_13032

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
You could export your Qualtrics data, reformat it and import it into your REDCap project or as others have said you could write an API to do this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @cflasrado18 said:
> That is really good idea Tom but unfortunately there is no way I can capture that field in RedCap. However, is there anyway I can do the opposite, like capturing a RedCap field in Qualtrics?

Yes, if you redirect from RedCap to Qualtrics you can add a parameter to the url. If you add that parameter to the survey flow and its value will be saved in the Qualtrics response data.
Badge +2
That is really good idea Tom but unfortunately there is no way I can capture that field in RedCap. However, is there anyway I can do the opposite, like capturing a RedCap field in Qualtrics?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I don't know anything about RedCap, but you should be able to add the embedded data field ResponseID to your Qualtrics Survey flow. Then include it as a url parameter in the redirect to RedCap. As long as you can capture the parameter in RedCap, you'll have a field that you can use to match responses.

You would pipe the ResponseID into the redirect url, something like:
https://redcap_url?&ResponseID=${e://Field/ResponseID}
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
So long as RedCap also allows for API you should be able to. But Qualtrics does not have that integration out-of-the box, so you will need a developer to build it our for you; qualtrics won't offer support.

Leave a Reply