Forgot to add a check question to my experimental survey | XM Community
Solved

Forgot to add a check question to my experimental survey

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi all, I’m trying to analyse the data from my experimental survey (with a control and an experimental group), in which both groups got to see a short video. I forgot to put a check question in there, so now I can’t determine in what group people belong and what video they saw, making my data practically useless. Is there anything I can do after the fact, or do I have to start data collection all over again?

icon

Best answer by EmilyErickson 21 June 2023, 15:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Someone else dealt with this last week. My advice was to put in embedded data based on what was displayed and define them as test or control or Group A and Group B. However, this won’t fix data already collected. You can click the 3 dots next to responses already collected and view the full response. That will show you what was displayed and not displayed. and then you can edit your new embedded data field to define them. Yes, it’s manual, but your data won’t have to be thrown out.

My previous response on this: Question on how to export data between T and C group | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Badge +2

Thanks a bunch, you just saved my thesis! Gonna be painstaking work but at least I don’t have to start my data collection again :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Happy to help!

Leave a Reply