Upcoming Deprecation of New Survey Triggers [Q1 2021] | XM Community

Upcoming Deprecation of New Survey Triggers [Q1 2021]

Show first post

33 replies

I've noticed today that while you could add in piped text and multiple emails in the Reply-to field for an email trigger, you can only enter one email for the reply-to in a task.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

In order to give our teams time to address parity issues, survey trigger deprecation has now been moved back to June 30th, 2020 instead of June 8th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

KatharineS - Thank you for addressing the issue and for providing an update!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

TomG uhrxx005 Thank you both so much for your responses. I have raised your concerns about updating contacts, and we are working to close this gap before contact list triggers are deprecated. If necessary, we will push back the deprecation of contact list triggers to allow for this improvement to be introduced to XM Directory tasks. I will communicate here if dates get moved as a result!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

KatharineS
I agree 100% with uhrxx005 on this. The ability to update contacts must be available before triggers go away. The contact trigger has always had this functionality, so the action isn't a replacement until it has the same functionality.
I also agree that from a communications perspective Qualtrics has muddied the waters when it comes to naming contact list functionality (XM Directory (XMD) and Research Core Contacts (RCC)). First APIs were labeled as RCC or XMD, but some of the XMD APIs apply to both RCC and XMD. Now, the XMD Action is following suit.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

KatharineS
Regarding my issue with using the action to update the contacts, I called support 8 days ago and that was when they informed me that it does not have the functionality to update contacts, only add new ones. They told me that was the intended functionality and in order to update contacts I would need to use the trigger. This absolutely needs to be fixed if the triggers are going away.
I think it should be the responsibility of Qualtrics to not roll out/deprecate features until they have at least the bare minimum in place when it comes to admin permissions. Qualtrics should not require a user to submit a product idea, convince colleagues to upvote the idea, and hope it gets implemented.
There are a lot of large enterprise Qualtrics accounts who haven't even purchased SMS and are now going to have a lot of users confused as to why they have that option visible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

uhrxx005 Thank you for raising these concerns! It seems that our team is working on resolving #1 before we deprecate the creation of new triggers, so that the XM Directory Task will have the ability to opt members out from mailing lists by June 8th. I will post here again if we need to adjust those dates.
As for the concern expressed regarding being unable to update contacts, this sounds like it may not be intended functionality - I would advise reaching out directly to support.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the naming and SMS permissions - I'd recommend submitting them to our Product Ideas category!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

KatharineS
I feel strongly that these triggers should not be deprecated until the Actions Tab has all of the same functionality as the triggers. Earlier this week I tried replacing one of my contact list triggers with the XM Directory action and I learned of 2 things that are missing from actions.

1. The actions tab does not have an option for unsubscribing someone from a list. Contact list triggers have this option

2. The XM Directory action only allows me to add new contacts. When I try using it to update the information on an existing contact it does not work and it just adds the person as a new contact.

Both of these things make the XM Directory Task unusable for me. Additionally, I think some more admin permissions are required before triggers go away. I find it frustrating that all users have an option to send via SMS in the XM Directory Trigger even if they don't have the SMS permission turned on. I am told their send will fail, but really they shouldn't ever be given the option. Additionally, the name XM Directory is very confusing to our users since we don't have the XMD. If you intend for this to replace Contact List Triggers it should have the same or a similar name.
I think that all of this needs to be fixed and thoroughly tested before deprecating the Triggers.

Leave a Reply