Survey options API returns attributes not in the documentation | XM Community
Question

Survey options API returns attributes not in the documentation

• 22 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’m new to the Qualtrics API, and I’ve noticed that when I send a GET request to

/API/v3/survey-definitions/{surveyId}/options

The JSON I get in return includes many entries that are not included in the documentation. These are also not included in the documentation for the PUT request which update these settings. I can, however, update these settings in my survey using the API, but I have no idea what they do.

Examples include settings like AutoConfirmStart, ConfirmStart, RelevantID, etc…

Where can I find what these items mean?

Separately, there are some items that are in the documentation but that don’t get returned by my GET API call. For example, Autofocus. This item doesn’t have a default value specified in the docs - so what value does it have if it doesn’t get returned?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +30

Hello @glasslandscape If it’s not available in the documentation, then I would recommend to reach out to Qualtrics support for clarification.

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

Hi @glasslandscape 

The short answer is that the public API documentation can be incomplete or not up to date. The Postman collections can sometimes give you hints, but for undocumented features, as @Aanurag_QC said, your best shot is to ask Support.

Badge +1

Thank you both @Aanurag_QC @vgayraud 

Has qualtrics ever considered allowing pull requests on its docs? I’m finding out all kinds of things as I’m learning about it that I think should be in the docs, and I’d like to contribute back.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@glasslandscape Right now I only know about Evolve where you can suggest idea for improvement
https://community.qualtrics.com/p/evolve

Leave a Reply