Code not working once I leave the "Look and Feel" page | XM Community
Question

Code not working once I leave the "Look and Feel" page

• 25 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

I am trying to implement a couple solutions to my survey using code within the “header” and “footer” text boxes in the “look and feel” section. When I input the code in there and hit apply and run through the preview within that section everything appears to be working perfectly (the changes were to remove the footer on select pages and to have a back/next button at the top of the page). However, once I leave the “look and feel” section to return back to the survey builder and I hit preview to see these changes, they are no longer working. I return back to the “look and feel” section only to find that the code is gone and hasn’t been saved or applied. I hit apply and save every time I make a change but it doesn’t seem to be working.

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!!

Jay

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hit apply, but then hit publish before leaving.

Badge +1

Hit apply, but then hit publish before leaving.

@kgillis Thanks for the response! I don’t see a publish button on the “look and feel” section. I only see an “Apply” button. Are these codes only reflected once I publish the survey? I am wanting to implement these while still in the testing and previewing phase.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@jbetker it’s out of the look and feel survey, and the publish button as if your survey is going live. As long as you aren’t sharing the URL or personal links and then deleting any “testing” data before you truly distribute the survey it should be fine (this is what I have had to do in the past when I don’t see look and feel changes reflected once I navigate away from the survey).

Badge +1

@kgillis This is such a lifesaver. Thank you! I was so stumped. Does seem like a bit of a strange decision to me that it is necessary to publish before the code is reflected, but what can you do. I will try this out. I appreciate you taking the time to help out!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

No problem @jbetker ! I agree as it is obnoxious and doesn’t seem super straight forward. Should you encounter something else that works please let me know as I sometimes run into this issue and I’m sure others do as well.

Leave a Reply