Data Was There, Now It Isn't | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Data Was There, Now It Isn't

• 24 July 2024
  • 4 replies

We setup a survey a month ago. Initially, it worked great. We have a “Your Name” required field that captured people’s names. We go back to look at the results because we want to gather more, and now all records in the “Your Name” column show “N/A”.

The only exception is a test submission I just sent in which did capture data in the “Your Name” field.

See attached. Please advise.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@jbrock How do you define the „Your Name“ field? Could you provide a screenshot of that part?

Badge +1

Thanks, chackbusch. I’d like to preface, nothing was changed on this survey after it was created. So, for the data to just go away is concerning.

Hope this was what you were looking for. And, thank you again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@jbrock Can you make sure that the field is mapped as “Open Text” in the data mapping?

The content selection does only accept fields of type “Open Text”: 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/other-widgets/response-ticker-widget/#FieldTypeCompatibility 

Badge +1

It’s mapped.

Upon further review of the full record the “your name” field reads “This question not displayed to respondents”. 

Why did it randomly stop displaying to respondents?

This survey was working great. Allow me to reiterate that nothing was altered. It suddenly stopped collecting data from that field. Has there been some system-wide upgrade or outage?

Again, I can get it to collect data at this time. But I did not change a thing. All prior data that was in there is gone.

Is Qualtrics reliable with data handling?

Leave a Reply