Feature Request - Live Merge Field Population in Survey Distribution Emails | XM Community
Question

Feature Request - Live Merge Field Population in Survey Distribution Emails

• 24 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We should have a way to test the merge fields being used in survey invite emails live before they are sent out.

In the attached image, you can see where I’m using “Hello ${m://FirstName},” as a greeting line, but I don’t know how this is actually going to be populated when the email is sent. If I chose the wrong merge field, then my emails are going to show up incorrectly to my invitees, like “Hello ,” with a blank space before the comma instead of showing their name. 

It would be great if there was a way to preview the emails with at least one merged response from the contact list.  Sending a Preview Email via the existing link does not populate merge fields and will send literally  “Hello ${m://FirstName},” in the test email. 

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You can add test contact in your contact list and send survey to test contact before sending to actual audience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I agree with @PeeyushBansal  - I have a set of test contacts set up in a test directory so frequency rules aren’t an issue. I also create a copy of the survey so I’m not messing up the Respondent Funnel numbers on the production dashboard.

And then I send test emails to test contacts to make sure all the fields are populating accurately.

Leave a Reply