Formatting Questions

• 25 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Everyone, 

Wondering if anyone can help please?

I have a question in my survey ‘How many children do you have?’ 

Based on their response I want all future questions to have the option for a response on how many children do you have?

So if the first question was does your child like carrots?

Child 1 - Y/N

Child 2 - Y/N

but if someone has 5 children, I would like it automatically give the option of answer the questions for 5 children.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @BeckyBakr ,

You can create a Matrix Table where you can add rows till 10-15 (the maximum number you can expect). Then add display logic to each row:- 

For child 2 - Add display logic if Q1 is greater than 1 (Q1 is your open end to get the counts)

For child 3 - Add display logic if Q1 is greater than 2

For child 15 - Add display logic if Q1 is greater than 14

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

PD

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks PD, 

I will have a look at this. Will I need to apply this to every question? or just the initial how many children do you have?

Thanks 

Becky 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

loop and merge would be good option, create a question where you ask how many children they have, based on number entered here you can ask question in loop and merge.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If the below questions type is same, you can simply copy the first question, the display logic will be there (as it is dependent on the same Q1 - How many children(s) do you have). Do thorough testing.

Regards,

PD

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

loop and merge would be good option, create a question where you ask how many children they have, based on number entered here you can ask question in loop and merge.

Thanks, and where do I find loop and merge option?

Best wishes 

Becky 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Its better to use loop & merge in your case and create questions based on number of child(s).

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@BeckyBakr,

You can find the loop and merge option by clicking on the “block” (on the left frame):

More details can be accessed here:- https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/

Leave a Reply