Generating participant ID | XM Community
Question

Generating participant ID

• 4 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a two part study. The first part is an online survey and second part is an in-person lab study. Based on how participants answer the survey, the lab study will differ. There are 4 different conditions. I want qualtrics to assign participants with ID (i.e. that is they can see the id and take note of it), so when they come to lab based on that ID participants will be put in a particular condition.

So ID needs to be 3 digits. I want the first digit to indicate the condition and the second and third digits to indicate their number in that particular condition. So a 403 id would indicate that this participant is the third participant to be placed in 4th conditions.

So what I have done I have used branch and embedded data. So based on how participants answer they are assigned to a particular condition (this is noted in the embedded data). So this looks like then if the branch condition is met, embedded data: Condition = 1. Now I want qualtrics to calculate the ID based on this. Let's say this person is the 5th person to be assigned condition one I want it to assign the ID 105.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @bee722 

You can try use the random id functionality for this Random Id

Leave a Reply