How can I correct the survey so there's an equal number of respondents in the 3 sample groups? | XM Community
Question

How can I correct the survey so there's an equal number of respondents in the 3 sample groups?

• 4 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I branched and randomised respondents into 1 of 3 question blocks and ticked the box so that there would be an equal number of respondents in each. Unfortunately, after I published the survey, some of the responses I've had back were rushed and had to be deleted from the results. This has left me with a different number of respondents in each survey group. How can I correct this issue, so that there is an equal number of responses in each survey group?
One idea I've had:
-Duplicate the survey twice. In both duplicates of the survey, only allow respondents to enter 1 of the survey groups, then publish. Hopefully, if I share each survey (survey group) to the right number of people, I'd have an equal number of respondents in each survey group.
Is there a better way to get round this issue and would the idea above even work?
Thanks for reading and have a good day

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

So you are basically asking that out of your three experimental conditions, you have one condition that has more responses than the others, and if you conduct the experiment with only two conditions, would the idea even work?
Is that a question for Qualtrics or will it be more appropriately answered by you, your advisor and the literature?

Userlevel 1
Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/35214#Comment_35214What I mean is I've had 51 responses in survey group 1, 49 responses in survey group 2 and 47 responses in survey group 3. This is because I've had to delete some responses that were rushed. Is there a way I can change the survey now, so that I get more responses in survey group 2 and survey group 3, so that the number of responses are equal in each survey group?
Thanks very much for responding again Ahmed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When you were deleting those results, did a pop-up appear asking you two things? Did you tick them? What was the second one? Have you read the support pages about randomizer?

Userlevel 1
Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/35219#Comment_35219Thanks for sending. I've just read the support page and clicked 'edit count' to favour the survey groups (question blocks) that have been answered less times. Also, when deleting the results, I clicked 'decrement from results' as I believed this would make the sample size equal in each survey group.

Leave a Reply