How can I program my quota to increment multiple times per respondent? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
I would love to know how I can program a quota to increment multiple times per respondent.
In my survey, I have three multiple choice questions that ask the same question: "Is this respondent considered A or B?" There are three of these questions because our survey asks respondents about three different people in their lives.
I want to keep track of how many A's and B's we're getting, so I set up quotas.
When I program the quotas, using "or" logic connectors, they only seem to increment once per category. For example, when I go through the survey and select A for the first two questions, and B for the third, I see that each quota increments one time. Quota for "A" should increment twice while quota for "B" should increment once.
If this is not possible in Qualtrics, is there a go-to workaround for this? Thank you very much for any advice you can offer.

goodbookhungrybook is there a reason this has to be in a quota? Are you actually trying to stop anything once one becomes "full"?
If you just want to track, my inclination is to use scoring instead of quotas. Create a score for A and a score for B. Assign a 1 to all possible A's and all possible B's in their respective score. Qualtrics will sum the number of A's and B's. Then in reporting, you can find your variable for A and B. Set the statistics to show the Sum --- Results, Simple Table, Metric = Sum.
Sandbox.qsf

bstrahin Thanks so much for your response. Yes, it would be much better to set this as a quota, since I'm trying to cap the number of responses referring to "A" and "B" at a certain number. Quota is therefore definitely the preferred method. Any thoughts?

Also, can I create a score that will take into account responses already recorded? For some reason I thought that one may not set scores to count retroactively.

Thanks!

Please see the first FAQ at the bottom of the Qualtrics scoring page. It confirms you should be able to set this up retroactively.
I'm not finding any pre-built solutions for tallying your quotas. I'm not a strong programmer, but some talented Community Members had strings from 2017 suggest setting up a webserivce. Perhaps, reach out to them: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/122/how-can-i-have-a-quota-increase-by-more-than-one-per-response
Although that is an old post, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having to write some code to achieve what you want. Or manually watch your scoring so you can update the quota to the right number by hand yourself would be one work around I can think of (using the Set Count function on the quota).

You could use web services to do this:

1. A web service call at the end of the survey flow to save the respondent's A and B scores to a database.

2. A web service call at the beginning of the survey flow to get the current counts of A and B responses.

For retroactive counts, add a record to the database with the current counts.

Leave a Reply