Only export new data since last export | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,
I have a number of users that will regularly need to download data from a Qualtrics form. Is there a way to allow them to only download new responses since the last download? The files need to be CSV or Excel.
I was thinking that I could create a field that updates after an export so that users can use that field as a filter. I just don't have any idea how to do that.
Thank you for any help you can give.

Could you make use of the response export automations? It'd take some initial set up with your IT team, but would probably be worth it if you have a lot of users who need to do this.

Thank you for your reply lizb311. Unfortunately, we are not able to use the export automations. I should have included that in my question. It would have been a great solution, though!
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to create an automatically incremented number field that serves as a unique number for each respondent. If so, we could use that numerical field to filter new downloads. For example, download emails where autonumber field is greater than x.

rainboots Gotcha. I don't think there's a great way to get a sequential ID number... But you could try the solutions outlined in this support post (which involve setting tracking quotas).
When I had to do something similar, I would just use the `recorded date` field. I would have my coworkers look at the last recorded date in the data they already exported, and then set a filter to show responses recorded after that date.

Thank you, lizb311. I can't find a way to filter by the time in the recorded date. I will take a look at the post that you recommended.

Hi @lizb311,
I thought you or someone else may like to see the solution I went with. I received great support from Qualtrics, and here's what we came up with:

1. Create an embedded number field, we'll call it "DownloadVersion."

2. When the user is ready to download, they will go to the survey flow and manually update the DownloadVersion field incrementally by 1.

3. They will then export the data and use the data filter "DownloadVersion = (whatever the number was before they updated it). And so on and so on....

I haven't tried it in real life yet, but I think it will work.
Thank you for being so responsive!

Leave a Reply