Sensitive Data Policy: Notification of Flagged Reponses | XM Community
Question

Sensitive Data Policy: Notification of Flagged Reponses

• 28 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

So I know you can create a Sensitive Data Policy to flag survey responses that provide sensitive information … but what I cannot figure out is how one is notified of flagged responses. Does anyone know? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @happychuck77 , Here's how:

1. Go to the "Data & Analysis" section of your Qualtrics account.
2. Select "Data & Analysis" from the top navigation menu.
3. Choose "Sensitive Data" from the dropdown menu.
4. Click on "Add Sensitive Data Policy" if you haven't already created one.
5. Select the policy you want to configure notifications for or create a new one.
6. Within the policy settings, locate the option for notifications or alerts.
7. Enable notifications and specify the email addresses where you want to receive alerts for flagged responses.
8. Save your changes.

Once notifications are set up, you'll receive alerts via email whenever survey responses containing sensitive data are flagged according to the policy criteria you defined.

Badge +4

Thanks! Step 5-6 are were I am lost. I just don’t see any options like those.

Badge +4

For posterity’s sake, here are instructions I followed that seemed to work for this issue”

“Absolutely, you can use the workflow email task to notify you whenever the data policy has been violated. 

You will need to add the embedded data element to your survey flow initially and name it Q_DataPolicyViolations. 

The next step would be to set up the workflow in which you will trigger it when a new response is received. Second, you will add a condition that the embedded data element Q_DataPolicyViolations = Red Flag Words. 

The last part would be to set up the email task which you can customize to your liking.”

Leave a Reply