Setting up actions for multiple respondents to participate in a single survey | XM Community
Solved

Setting up actions for multiple respondents to participate in a single survey

• 12 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I want to build a survey that uses actions to display certain question to certain people but am having some trouble. Let me provide the scenario:

My survey has 10 questions in it.
Person A can only see (and answer) questions 1,2,3 and 4 (block#1). Once question 4 has been answered, I want an action to trigger an email that sends the survey to Person B (their details were pulled from a field in question 1). Person B would see questions 5,6 and 7 only (block #2). Once they answer their questions, it should trigger an email to Person C to answer questions 8 ,9 and 10 (block #3).

How would I do this (assuming that its even possible)?

TIA!

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 12 August 2021, 16:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

jezza667 Hello! I think my first question here would be whether there is a purpose to the sequencing of each question, or if you could send the survey to Persons A, B, and C at the same time and use display and skip logic to display the appropriate questions to the appropriate people. In other words here would be the sequence:
Question 0: asks about a characteristic that would be unique to Persons A, B, and C (e.g., job title, role, etc.). Based on their answers, you would set up the following display logic:
Person A: display block 1
Person B: display block 2
Person C: display block 3
For security purposes, this would be preferred because you would not be asking respondents to provide contact information for other individuals, which could be a data and privacy protection issue.
I hope this is helpful!

Hi AdamK12 ! There is a purpose to the sequence and I'll explain a little more about what i'm doing below...
I'm using the survey to act as a 'Smartform' that tells me (system owner) what an employee needs to do and contains their manager's approval.
The flow: initially, Person A(employee) answers some demographic questions and some 'persona' questions (My main responsibilities are...I need to obtain...In order to do...). Each answer under the three persona questions is assigned to one of five categories.

Once Person A answers the last question, I want it to then go to Person B (Manager). Person B should see a summary of Person A's responses and then answer 2-3 questions. They should only be able to see and answer the 2-3 questions relevant to them.

When Person B answers their last question, it should finally send the survey to Person C (Administrator) to action the request. They should see a summary of Person A & B's responses and have their own questions that ask them to confirm what action has been taken for Person A.

Hope this gives a bit more clarity around what I'm trying to achieve

Leave a Reply