"Sorry, this survey is currently unavailable" in live and preview link | XM Community
Question

"Sorry, this survey is currently unavailable" in live and preview link

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I’m getting this error in a email distributed as well as in preview links. I have checked all response collection settings and found no issue. The survey was working fine and and around 3k responses have been collected. This started happening from yesterday. Can anyone advice what could be the cause. Even the preview link is showing this error.

Attaching my response setting and the error displayed. Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey @Benjamin_Rai 

i saw this post, mabey it will help you.

I published a survey but got 'Sorry, this survey is not currently active.' in return, why? | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Benjamin_Rai,

There could be several reasons why your survey link is not working:

1. Prevent Multiple Submissions: If the "Prevent Multiple Submissions" feature is enabled, it may prevent the participant from taking the survey multiple times on the same computer and browser. This feature places a cookie on the participant's browser that will prevent another survey session from being started from that device. The participant will need to clear their browser cache.

2. Used Individual Links: The participant may be trying to access the survey through a used or expired Individual Link. Individual Links are created automatically for every person in your contact list when you send the survey out through the Qualtrics mailer or create Personal Links. This kind of survey link can be used only once and then becomes invalid.

3. Expiration: The participant may be trying to access a survey that is expired. In the Survey Options, there is an option to set an Expiration Date (after which participants can no longer start new surveys). You may need to turn off the expiration to allow them access to the survey.

4. Survey Availability: If a respondent tries to access a survey before or after the specified availability range, they will receive a message explaining that the survey is currently unavailable. The availability range determines when the survey can be started, and respondents outside of that range will not be able to begin a new response. However, those who have already started a response will still be able to access and complete the survey.

5. Response Collection Paused: If you have paused response collection in Qualtrics, your survey is turned "off" and no longer accepts new responses. The anonymous link and any other distributed survey links will be disabled, preventing anyone from starting the survey.

Please check these settings and see if any of them could be causing the issue. If the problem persists, I recommend reaching out to Qualtrics Support for further assistance.

Badge +1

Thanks all for the replies and efforts. I checked and all the settings are proper and correct.

The issue turned out to be some Qualtrics server settings. The current survey had around 4 lac distribution links generated to be sent through email.

It was flagged down as some server load issue which they in-turn deactivated the survey.

I’m in touch with the qualtrics team for a solution. Also any of you guys faced similar issue?

Leave a Reply