I published a survey but got 'Sorry, this survey is not currently active.' in return, why? | XM Community
Solved

I published a survey but got 'Sorry, this survey is not currently active.' in return, why?

• 27 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I wanted to preview my survey but it appeared on the preview mode that 'Sorry, this survey is not currently active.'. Then, I published the survey, but I kept receiving the same message. However, I checked my survey blocks independently and I could see the preview for those. In sum, I can preview the survey in bits but not as a whole, and it gives me that error message. What can I do?

icon

Best answer by AmaraW 8 January 2022, 03:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

You might have to contact Support, but first, quickly check the Survey Options (Responses) on the survey, to see if there is an expiration date on the survey. If the survey has an expiration date that is past, that would be consistent with your experience. If so, change or remove the expiration date to see if that resolves the issue.
Good luck!

Badge +1

Thanks, CarolK, I have checked those settings and it doesn't work. I'll keep looking and trying new things!

Badge +48

Hi MCM! Hmmm, this sounds like it may not be intended functionality. If you have not yet already, we’d recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi MCM , I'm running into the same issue and just sent an email out to the Support Team for help. In the meantime, was wondering if you managed to find a resolution to the issue you were seeing?

Badge +1

Hi ChristineT It has something to do with the logic of the questions. I copied somebody's survey and deleted some questions and it messed up the transition of the questions. I guess it has to do with the code since my questions altered the standard/basic code on qualtrics (basically, an answer could become part of a question).

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing, MCM . I'll look into it!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Just wanted to post the resolution that the Support Team helped me with. There was a redirect to a different survey that was setup via the "End of Survey" survey flow option that I wasn't aware of. This setting overwrote all the other end of survey options customizable via the survey builder. This was corrected and the issue resolved.

Leave a Reply