"Text entry" data not showing up in data export/Data & Analysis tab | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a survey in which respondents are shown instructions, a list of words, then a YouTube video with a text entry field below it (on separate pages; see first image below for Builder design). Their task is to read the instructions, study the words, then attempt to recall them on the page which contains the YouTube video via the text entry field.
student_question.PNG
On the Data & Analysis tab, I can click on individual responses, and see that respondents have entered words in the text entry field (see second image below). However, when I go to Export the data, they are nowhere to be found. In the case of the image presented below, there is not even a "Q14" available to view anywhere.
student_question2.PNG
Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is my design at fault? Is there any way to Export the data with the recorded responses, or have I lost the opportunity?
I would be happy to know, not just how I broke it, but how I could do it better in the future, as well - thank you!!

Can you confirm the question type used? It should be Text Entry and also if you have changed the question type anytime before like Text/Graphic to Text Entry?

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/42016#Comment_42016Thank you for your response! I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I may have resolved the issue by just hitting the "Publish" button - it appears to be collecting responses, at this point. I wouldn't have thought about that if not for your question, though!

Leave a Reply