Why my survey end in the middle suddenly? | XM Community
Question

Why my survey end in the middle suddenly?

• 5 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey,

my survey suddenly end in the middle, instead continue to the next blocks.

I try to test it myself and it seems ok, but yet when other people get in the survey, it doesn’t seem to continue.

nothing has changed in the logic or anything.

please help me fix it 🙏🏻

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@noywachtel Do you have any End of Survey block in the survey flow or any skip logic that direct you to that End of survey? You can start by checking on that elements.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

yes as mention by @dxconnamnguyen there may be a skip logic/ branch logic on the block that you have applied which is taking the survey to the end . check the survey questions/blocks as well as the survey flow 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If the survey is working correctly when testing the survey in the preview tab, it might be because you have “ignore validation” turned on.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

there is no logic or validation on the last question on the last block that was answered, I’m so sad cause I’m losing possible answers and can’t find the problem to fix it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@noywachtel Can you maybe post a screenshot of the survey flow?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
the thing is, the answers stops before the end of the first block, they don’t even get to the rest of it and the flow i've created

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

> Is there any skip logic in the first block that could be jumping people past the remaining questions and to the end of the block, where they encounter the branch?

> Is there a quota applied that could have been reached, and is now stopping users from moving through the survey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
the thing is, the answers stops before the end of the first block, they don’t even get to the rest of it and the flow i've created

Do you have any skip logic in the first block? Check Data & Analysis tab to see which question do the respondent stop at the 1st block. The problem might laying there.

Leave a Reply