Solved

Best way to manage large user base

• 29 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 35 replies
Hello, I have the following situation: I have 50+ users, all with the same permissions, who have access to several surveys and dashboards. The problem is that this user base keeps growing every week, and it's becoming hard to manage. How do you deal with that? Do you create one account that is shared between many people? or is there any way to automate the whole process? So far I have been able to automate only the creation of the users by using the API, but I have to manually add them as collaborators to every survey and dashboard.
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 2 April 2019, 05:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I've submitted a Product Idea ticket for something that may work for this ask. I tried to keep it pretty generic to extend to more than just my use case.
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/19227/ability-to-select-and-share-projects-to-group-or-org-ownership-many-users-at-once

Badge +7

Groups do not work for Dashboards

Badge +7

100 percent! We also have lots of users that have access to many dashboards. Users must be assigned dashboards individually. And, like you, are user base is constantly changing and there is no way to identify which users have access to which projects accept to individually look it up in each project. The ability to use groups accross projects would indeed be very helpful. Also tools /reports to track acces.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
For dashboard you have to create role, just go to dashboard setting and than user admin and create one role , add all your users in that role.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> you can make a group and add all users in that group. And share the survey and dahboard with group rather than single user each time.

I tested sharing the survey with a whole group and it seems to have worked, thanks! But I couldn't find a way to do something equivalent with the dashboard. When I go to a dashboard and click "Share", it doesn't give me the option to add a whole group, just individual users.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
you can make a group and add all users in that group. And share the survey and dahboard with group rather than single user each time.

Leave a Reply