Solved

Change design of MaxDiff

• 18 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 44 replies
The established design of the MaxDiff questions have the "least important" button to the left of the statement and the "most important" to the right.
Now, I would like to change this design so that the answer buttons for the "most/least important" are both displayed to the right next to the statement. How do I do that?
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 18 December 2018, 10:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
you can use simple matrix question with two columns under your maxdiff design.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Oh yes, that's easy! Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Well, I noticed that he matrix question does not solve the issue. Due to the methodology, the max diff design allows only one selected item per column. Besides, the items are randomised in a loop & merge block. That is why I would like to stick to the question type (max diff), but I would like to adjust how it is displayed. Any ideas?
Hi @Pat ,

I'm quite new to the community, but while searching for MaxDiff analysis, I was wondering is there a feature to design for the MaxDiff Survey, including the randomization parts for the set of questions and I'm using academic account at the moment. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Pat,

Use a Matrix where least/most are the statements, then click the Transpose box (that makes it so you can only select one answer per column). Then you can use JS or Custom Validation to make sure least/most are not the same.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi @Giang

When seeting up my MaxDiff survey, I found some very helpful information here:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1336/maxdiff-programming-needed

Basically, you need to set up the spreadsheet (MaxDiff matrix) with 'loop & merge', then select the random choice of x items - aiming for an even spread of all shown items.

With regards to the analysis, Q does not include the hierarchical Bayes estimation method, therefore I calculated some "use values" in Vocalize as described here:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/5634#Comment_5634

Leave a Reply