(Count) and (Recode) answers in display logic | XM Community
Question

(Count) and (Recode) answers in display logic

• 13 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Dear community,

I want to implement a display logic but some unexpected answers confused me. What is meant by (Count) and (Recode) here?

image.pngEscpecially the (Count) I would like to understand because now there are two similar answer but one with (Count) and one without.

Many thanks!
CW

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Recode values are the numeric id assigned by qualtrics to each option (in this matrix question scale point). So if you apply any display logic using recode value we can use numeric operator like greater or less, equal to. This is applied with a statement in a reference like for statement 1 if recode values selected 1 which has same meaning as for statement 1 scale 1 is selected.
Count is with respect to scale point i.e. how many statements are selected for a particular scale point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi CWolle,
In the context of a 3D Matrix question, Count refers to the number of times a selection is made in a column, and Recode represents the value of the code assigned to the column choices (No..., Yes..., and Prefer not to answer in your question). It helps simplify the construction of your Display Logic. For instance, instead of using logic like "If Row1 = Yes OR Row2 = Yes OR Row3 = Yes..." you could replace it it with "If Yes(Count) GTE 1".

MatthewM "In the context of a 3D Matrix question, Count refers to the number of times a selection is made in a column"

Do you mean the real answer from Survey-takers? So how many Survey-takers Chose a selection?

Kr

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

No, I mean by an individual respondent in the Matrix question. For example, in the question below, the Count for the "Point 1" column would be 3, and the Count for the other two columns ("Point 2" and "Point 3") would be 0.
image.png

Leave a Reply