Engaging a dormant/inactive community | XM Community

Engaging a dormant/inactive community

• 14 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
We have an online community who we have not been in contact with for 6 months due to various reasons. In initial communications we stated we would interact with them 1-2 times per month. Now that we are ready to engage surveys with them we were wondering how best to initially communicate with them. Should we simply ignore this lack of contact and assume a small % will opt out or should we send an email to the entire community to let them know we are now back up and running and expect future comms? Has anyone had any experience in managing an inactive community?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
I would suggest to send an email to entire community about being active and future commnications.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I agree with @bansalpeeyush29 !

There's an opportunity to pull some back in with the explanation and I also think folks may appreciate that sort of acknowledgement/ transparency. It also sets up the expectation of what's to come and may increase future participation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I would agree with what has been said already- communicate with your panel/community what has been going on.

I work in government, where things are sometimes slow 🙂 We have had cases where we sent a survey asking for opinions on service/program we wanted to launch. At the end, we asked "Now that you know what we're working on- do you want to be updated when it is up and running?".

It took 1 full year to get the program launched. We are communicating to those customers now, 1) thanks for your interest, 2) here's what we've been working on for a year, 3) here's what you can expect from now on.

If you treat your customers/communities with respect, they are much more willing to trust your brand or your organization. And they will be happy to continue to provide you feedback so long as you remain transparent about your process and how you use their information. Make sure you provide feedback on how their survey responses influence your decisions.

Leave a Reply