How to set 1000's of quotas in an easy manner | XM Community
Skip to main content
General explanation:

Hi guys, I'm faced with a tough challenge: a customer needs to set quotas for each and every one of its agents (of which they have thousands) and so far I haven't found a viable way to make this process anything different than a manual, 1-at-a-time nightmare.

Detailed explanation:

The quotas must be set so that each agent receives no more than a given amount of satisfaction surveys related to its assigned customers per week. Agent_Name is the embedded data field that we're using to regulate the quotas, it comes as a field column when we upload the contacts into the directory. Setting these quotas is perfectly possible, however I'm stuck doing it individually for each different agent name (e.g., Agent_Name = John Doe, Agent_Name = Jane Doe, etc.). Is there no way to do this in a massive way?

I requested the development of a feature that will allow to upload a .csv file detailing the field name, field value and quota value so that the quota definition can be done in a friendlier fashion, but that might take a while before it's taken into production.

Any ideas on how to address this issue at the moment? I really don't want to create these 1000's of quotas individually every time.

Thanks!
I guess given your situation nothing is ideal, but you could keep your own quotas in an external web database such as MySQL. You could create a couple of web service scripts to get the appropriate quota count at the beginning of the survey and another to update it at the end of the survey.
You may want to check with your brand administrator to see if you have access to advanced quota features. I can sympathize with your pain as I didn't have access to that and had to create 1,050 quotas by hand. But there is a Create Multiple Quotas feature (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/quotas/) available under advanced quotas. However, I don't know if that is only helpful for quotas based on questions like in the example or if it can handle making batches based on Embedded data.
@bstrahin Hi, I checked the multiple quotas, but sadly it only works for questions, not embedded data.

@TomG That sounds like a good idea, but I was hoping Qualtrics had a feature that would let me avoid having to work on the API. I'll see if I can find any assistance to pursue this path.

Thanks to both of you!
> @niklas_tomic_izo said:

> @TomG That sounds like a good idea, but I was hoping Qualtrics had a feature that would let me avoid having to work on the API. I'll see if I can find any assistance to pursue this path.

You wouldn't need to use the Qualtrics API. You just need a web database (e.g. MySQL) and a couple of web scripts (e.g. php).
@TomG That sounds even better, I'll see what help I can find to do what you recommend.

hi niklas_tomic_izo TomG bstrahin
i see that 3 years have passed since this question and i have excatly the same issue now :-)
did you find a solution?
can you share what you have done?
many thanks
Keren

Keren Shaked - See my two posts (the accepted answer and my initial response just after it) at the top of this thread.

Thanks TomG !
can you share the web scripts or other part of the solution that worked for you?
also, how many hours do you estimate i will need to work on building and testing the solution?
keren

Leave a Reply