Only let people complete if they give a certain response. | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi Qualtrics community,

In the end of the survey. I ask if the questions are reviewed. If no, I want them to go back to the first question. ONLY if they agree that all answers are reviewed, I want them to be able to complete the survey. Right now I've done so by using two nested if branch if logic with the final question. but when they press "don't agree" twice, they are still able to complete te survey.

!

Are you aware of a way to only let them complete the survey when they select the "i agree" option? AND a way to redirect them to the beginning of the survey without using multiple nested ifs?

Thanks so much!

Best, Ian
I don't think that there's a built-in way to repeatedly send someone back to the start while your review question = don't agree.

You could use groups and slightly different flow at the end for a predetermined repeated number of times but that would be the cap they have for getting it reviewed. Instead of your above Flow you would have:

Group

Branch - If review = agree

End of Survey Element (keep default settings)

Block: Intro

Block: Taxation

Block: Finalizing

Repeat that for a given number of times. Then at the very end of your survey if they failed to end the survey by getting approval the best thing I can think to do is screen them out by adding:

End of Survey Element (under options, check Flag As Screened Out)
I think I answered this in your DM, but in this case, you have a few different paths:

* Mom agrees, Dad agrees > 1 flow that ends survey

* Mom agrees, Dad disagrees > 1 flow that loops back

* Mom disagrees, Dad agrees > 1 flow that loops back

* Mom disagrees, Dad disagrees > 1 flow that loops back

You should be able to code each branch, assuming that it is important to you that there's a distinction between Mom agreeing and Dad agreeing.
> @jpardicusick said:

> I think I answered this in your DM, but in this case, you have a few different paths:

>

> * Mom agrees, Dad agrees > 1 flow that ends survey

> * Mom agrees, Dad disagrees > 1 flow that loops back

> * Mom disagrees, Dad agrees > 1 flow that loops back

> * Mom disagrees, Dad disagrees > 1 flow that loops back

>

> You should be able to code each branch, assuming that it is important to you that there's a distinction between Mom agreeing and Dad agreeing.

Thanks for responding! Actually, there isn't a distinction between mom and dad. It's just a matter of someone selecting the option that the questions are reviewed. Then and only then I want them to be able to submit the survey. Otherwise I want to send them back to the beginning.
> @bstrahin said:

> I don't think that there's a built-in way to repeatedly send someone back to the start while your review question = don't agree.

>

> You could use groups and slightly different flow at the end for a predetermined repeated number of times but that would be the cap they have for getting it reviewed. Instead of your above Flow you would have:

>

> Group

> Branch - If review = agree

> End of Survey Element (keep default settings)

> Block: Intro

> Block: Taxation

> Block: Finalizing

>

> Repeat that for a given number of times. Then at the very end of your survey if they failed to end the survey by getting approval the best thing I can think to do is screen them out by adding:

>

> End of Survey Element (under options, check Flag As Screened Out)

Hi bstrahin,

Thank you for helping me. The group idea is great since it lets you copy past much easier. Nevertheless I'm a little bit disappointed that there isn't a way to send someone back to a predetermined place unless they answer a question a certain way...
> @Strik88 said:

>

> Hi bstrahin,

>

> Thank you for helping me. The group idea is great since it lets you copy past much easier. Nevertheless I'm a little bit disappointed that there isn't a way to send someone back to a predetermined place unless they answer a question a certain way...

Agreed and understandable. A strong Javascript coder might know a work around. But it seems the survey flow only works on IF-THEN logic rather than having options for logic on WHILE or FOR. I don't need this often enough, but @Strik88 if it's something you do a lot you may consider submitting a feature request via email to Qualtrics Support:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support-center/

Leave a Reply