Question Limit | XM Community
Solved

Question Limit

• 20 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Hello! This may have been asked before and answered, however I have searched and could not find the answer.

What is the limit to how many questions you can have on a survey. I know it's not best practice to have too many however, I'm curious if there is a limit. We are creating a test and I've only been told it could be "lengthy". I"m trying to be proactive and find out if there is a limit.

If you can answer, I appreciate your help! Thanks.
icon

Best answer by TomG 20 September 2019, 21:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I've not heard of a limit on the amount of questions you can have in a survey. I think it would be much more likely that respondents would quit taking your survey because it was too lengthy than that you would hit a wall with questions allowed.

Keep in mind that Qualtrics enables a lot of sophisticated branches so that not everyone will see each question in the survey so I think you're probably safe. 😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
There is a limit to the number of response fields Qualtrics will export (I've run into it a couple of times). However, there is no limit to the number of fields legacy export will export.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
> @TomG said:
> There is a limit to the number of response fields Qualtrics will export (I've run into it a couple of times). However, there is no limit to the number of fields legacy export will export.

Tom-do you know the rough limit on what the Qualtrics export fields are? I'm getting a ballpark...100 or less, 50 or less, etc. Any ideas? They think this test may be around 60 questions. I need to know if I should advise them to split it up, or if an associate can take the test in one sitting if allowed by Qualtrics. I do have a 35 question test that seems to export ok. Any thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The number of fields is dependent on the types of questions and number of choices, but you don't hit the limit until you get in the thousands of fields. Unless they are unusual questions, 100 should be no problem.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
@TomG - Thanks so much for the info!
Badge

So i am trying to dynamically build a Template and was looking to use some conventions to help me organize the survey. It looks like the max value for QID is 99999 for me at least in my instance.

Leave a Reply