Skip logic with embedded data? | XM Community
Solved

Skip logic with embedded data?

Hi everyone - I can't seem to find any documentation about using embedded data for skip logic. Basically, I'm trying to get a participant's birthday and skip them to the end if they don't meet the age requirements. However, since I'm taking the birthday as the input variable and turning this into embedded data (age), I don't know how I can use the embedded data variable to skip right after the question (since the skip logic is based on the survey question, birthday). Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mklubeck 4 May 2020, 20:43

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hello AnnaH
I think display logic only available with embedded data and not skip logic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Adding to SavvasAntonopoulos , After the birthday question, you can break the block and in the survey flow after this block, add branch logic check the age and add elements under that branch logic accordingly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Adding to rondev I would:

1. As rondev says, I would add a block immediately after the birthday question.

2. In Survey Flow, after that early (first) block,

3. Add your embedded data element - setting the "age" value

4. Add a branch with a condition based on "age"

5. If meets criteria, short circuit the form by having an End Of Survey element with a customized message about why they weren't allowed to continue..

Are you using a widget for your "date of birth?"

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

adding to rondev 's response

1. Add the block after the Birthdate question (are you using a date widget?)

2. In Survey Flow, after this early (first) block, add an Embedded Data Element

3. Set your "Age" value in this embedded data element (you can likely move the one you're using here)

4. Create a Branch element with a condition

5. If the "age" does NOT meet the requirement

6. Create an End Of Survey element

7. Customize the End of Survey message to explain why they couldn't fill out your form

This will make your gate keeping question work with the least amount of fuss. I would use a date widget so you don't have to worry about them matching the format you want them to use for input.

Leave a Reply