Option to take web feedback survey later with user-provided email | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello. I'd like for my website pop-up to include an option to take the survey later, where the user would provide their email address and a trigger would be set up to email them the survey later. However, I can't figure out a way to create display logic for the email question based off a button selection on the intercept creative. I also tried creating a survey with just an email question if they select to take the survey later, but the 2 buttons on the intercept creative can't go to 2 different targets/surveys. Has anyone figured out how to make this work?

AmieLin This is a really interesting use case and I think there's a lot of value to it; every so often we receive feedback from respondents where they mention that they can't really answer the questions because they haven't finished their work on the website, which for your business could be even more relevant.
This might be a good candidate for using the embedded feedback intercept, where you ask one or two questions, the first being a simple thumbs up/thumbs down or star rating, and the second as a followup. You could ask for an email address there (assuming your information security and NPI/PII collection policies allow) for a subsequent survey, which could make for a good experience for the respondent. Here's a link to documentation about the Embedded Feedback tool: Embedded Feedback (qualtrics.com)
I hope this helps!

Hi AmieLin & AdamK12 ! Going off of what Adam described - you could use the Responsive Dialog and write a question along the lines of, “Do you want to take the survey now or later?” If they select, “Now,” it’ll proceed into the survey questions. If they answer, “Later,” collect their email address and create an action to send them an Email Task. If you need any further assistance, we recommend contacting our support team, which is best equipped to help you get this set-up 😁

Leave a Reply