Email to request a third-party signature pre-submission? | XM Community

Email to request a third-party signature pre-submission?

• 22 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hello all! I am using Qualtrics to create an application form, which would need to be signed by a third party before the applicant submits it. At the moment the applicant would have to send the link to the unfinished form to the other person and request them to sign, and the other person would then have to inform them when they have done this - which is slightly long-winded and relies on everyone remembering to email separately, getting the link right, etc.
Is there any way to add a function within the form, which could enable applicants to send out an email directly to request a signature (with the link enclosed)? And maybe for the signee to then click something after signing to notify the applicant?
I am new to Qualtrics so any suggestions gratefully received!! The only email options I can see relate to invitations for new responses, or post-submission.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello rrmamson
This can be done but would require some effort; You can follow the following steps to achieve this:

1. Create two embedded data within survey which makes a retake link of survey and records URL. You can do it in this manner. One is "Q_URL" and other I am assuming"ED" as embedded data. Therefore, ED= https://{BrandID}.{DatacenterID}.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/${e://Field/SurveyID}?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1 (Retake Survey Link (qualtrics.com))

2. For every response, you can create a workflow to send email to the dedicated third-party and just include this embedded data as piped text and it will auto-populate the retake link of survey. e.g. ${e://Field/ED}. In this workflow do not forget to add a condition that embedded data Q_URL does not contain Q_R. This will send an email to the third party you can include the relevant details in email task. (Email Task (qualtrics.com)). They can take the retake link and sign it off.

3. You can then create another workflow that will work only when Q_URL contains Q_R. Hence, once the third party will sign off the survey it will replace the previous response and then send an email to respondent that it has been signed by them.

4. Post which the respondent can take actions necessary.

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Thanks very much Deepak for the helpful response, I hadn't come across the retake link option before. I had been thinking of how to send the link before the form has been submitted, but that probably isn't actually possible anyway using an anonymous link like I am planning, so the retake idea sounds like the best way forward if that's compatible with anonymous.
Something I didn't make clear is that the third party who needs to sign would be different for each applicant - is it possible to tailor the destination email address for the retake link according to an email address field that each applicant has completed within the form? I.e. the applicant would fill in the email address of the person who needs to sign it, and then this is the address that the retake link is sent to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello rrmamson ,
Yes, you can pipe in that value in the "To" within the email task the second step I mentioned.
And, it will work, also retake link will work with anonymous.
Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Many thanks Deepak ! One other thing, just to check - some people won't require the form to be signed, so am I able to set another condition to only send a retake link for forms where a certain value was selected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

rrmamson
Yes, all of it can be handled by conditions in workflows.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

rrmamson, Deepak has given you some great instruction. Seeing that you are new to the platform, I suggest you reference these help pages to implement what Deepak has described.
And yes, you can set conditions on workflows so you can filter who gets what automated emails.

Badge +3

Thanks very much Deepak for your help and bstrahin for the extra links, very much appreciated!

Leave a Reply