Survey followup emails are sending multiple URLS... very strange! | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hey fellas, I'm having a really weird problem that's really leaving my scratching my head. I've got a survey setup to to send a follow-up email to the survey participants parents, with a linked survey followed by an ID number to link it to the child (srid) and a number identifying which parent is responding (pnum). However, I've tested it a couple times and for some reason the URL is included in the email multiple times, in various semi-complete iterations.
I've included all of the relevant workflows.
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png^^^ this is what the email ends up looking like
Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi there, have you checked the Source view of the Email message? Could be that there is a Survey URL there but is being hidden for some reason when viewing it regularly.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46084#Comment_46084I had opened up the source code, but with all the special characters the whole thing looked like a massive mess. I ended up copying and pasting the lot into notepad, and yep! there were some hidden characters for some reason; I suspect witchcraft.
So I burned that unholy workflow in a fire and re-wrote the whole thing from scratch. Works great now-- thanks for your comment :)

Leave a Reply