Directory Settings - Want to limit number of messages to 30 days instead of calendar month | XM Community
Question

Directory Settings - Want to limit number of messages to 30 days instead of calendar month

Badge +1

We are utilizing Qualtrics to run a certification exam and we want to give test takers 1 retake of the exam if they fail within 30 days. I'd like to automate this process using an action (if below XX score, send new exam 3 days later), to save on having to go in and reschedule. If I use an action only, each time the taker fails, it will resend the exam. I was looking at Directory Settings to see if I could use that. However, there does not appear to be an option to set it to a specific days, only calendar months - which I could set to no more than 2 message per month. But, if the exam taker fails the exam on June 25th, and retakes on June 30th and fails again, it would potentially resend on July 3rd.
Is it possible somewhere else? Or through some other means?

2 replies

Badge +1

Mishraji - thank you for the assistance. I am testing this now and will let you know my findings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

NextGen_VoC - Unfortunately contact frequency options are limited so setting it to 30 days is not doable. However, what you can do is, create an embedded field in your survey the first time someone completes the exam and fails it. Also update this variable against the contact in XM directory.
This embedded variable can be used as a counter variable which will increment every time the exam is retaken. Finally, the distribute survey action can look at this variable, and if the value is anything other than 1 it should not trigger.

image.png

Leave a Reply