What happened to all of my responses for my survey? | XM Community
Solved

What happened to all of my responses for my survey?

• 31 January 2019
  • 9 replies

I am in the process of completing my thesis project using a Qualtrics survey. Under the Data and Analysis Tab, I only see 13 participants that have taken my survey. However, in parentheses, there is a number 23. I believe 23 participants have taken my survey. When I checked a couple of days ago, there were ten new responses. Now, I do not even see what happened to these 10 responses. What happened? Please help!!
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 31 January 2019, 18:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Randy In my experience, when a number is shown in parentheses, this is because I've just closed the survey and I'm waiting on the "responses in progress" to be recorded....OR I've just deleted responses and I'm waiting for the data to be removed. Could either of these scenarios be the case? Have you tried downloading a CSV file to see how many records show in your raw data?
Hello @Randy,

Also do check your survey options -> Partial Completion tab in survey tab

If you have set "Delete" there(Partial Completion tab) then it may be possible that in progress after specified time period is deleted
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Randy if @VirginaM and @Shashi advice doesn't work. You may also want to reach out to Qualtrics Support directly. I was having trouble with the data and analysis tab saying it was indexing responses and causing it to look like I was missing data. I waited for hours/days for it to reindex, but it didn't happen on its own. After I contacted Support they were able to quickly resolve my issues by forcing a manual indexing of the data (something you cannot do on your own).
@VirginaM Hi Virgina. Thanks for your help.

I did have some participants close the survey after taking my survey back on the 25th of January. But I still do not see anything on my Data Analysis Tab.

I have not tried downloading a CSV file just yet. How would I go about with completing this?
@Shashi Thanks for your help. I checked and this does not seem to be the case. I appreciate the suggestion though!
@bstrahin Hi Betsy. Darn, I think contacting Qualtrics directly is the best form of action. Would you happen to have the Qualtrics Support contact information?
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Randy first you click on the "Data & Analysis" tab, and then go to "Export & Import" and choose to export. It defaults to a CSV file, but has several other options as well.
Also, here is the link to Qualtrics support: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Randy you will have to go through this website and fill in the questions as they appear. Once you navigate through that I suggest either contacting them by chat and if chat isn't available, email. They are very responsive and friendly no matter what channel you reach out to them through.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support-center/
Badge +1

I had the same problem (survey responses not appearing and a message that surveys were reindexing stuck at 0%) and came here looking for a fix. After calling Qualtrics for help manually reindexing my surveys (per the comment above), they told me that adding any embedded data element to the survey flow would force reindexing. I just created an ED field "Text" to be populated with the value "Text" and this caused the reindexing to happen and my survey responses appeared.

Leave a Reply