User specific content within End of Survey Message | XM Community
Solved

User specific content within End of Survey Message

• 29 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
I have a form where users select from options and which in turn takes them to a form for them to fill out. They might select many different options throughout the form. What I'd like to do is summarize the choices they selected and the text they entered for each. Any brilliant ideas for how to do this with one end of survey message? I could go the route of creating a custom Embedded Data field that compiles all of this but I was hoping for something a little simpler to maintain. The "Selected Choices" piped text just returns a comma delimited list from the pick list and there's no way for me to connect that to the text entered later on. Any ideas other than creating an embedded data field for the "message"
icon

Best answer by KendraR 12 April 2019, 00:37

View original

3 replies

Badge +4
I should clarify that to do the embedded data method, the only ting I can think of is to add a branch for each choice they could possibility select and aggregate those.
Set Message to ""
If choice1 is selected: Set Message to Message & "...."
repeat for each choice option

That will get tedious. I've done it for another project and am hoping for a brilliant idea to avoid it this time.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @jrkinsella! As you have already mentioned, two of the best ways to do this would be through Embedded Data and Piped Text or using Branches to send participants to particular End of Survey messages. You may also find that showing the Response Summary that's found in the Survey Termination Options to be another great option. Of course, reach out to our Support Team if you have any further questions on how to set this up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I agree with @KendraR that a response summary would be the most thorough and easy to maintain (although may not be a visually "pretty") format. If you make changes to the survey you wouldn't have to worry about updating piped text and embedded data fields.

Leave a Reply