Can I make qualtrics automatically select pictures for participant of the same questionnaire? | XM Community
Solved

Can I make qualtrics automatically select pictures for participant of the same questionnaire?

• 30 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
I have more than 100 pictures related to a questionnaire. For each participant, I want them to see a different picture but the same questions. I have uploaded all pictures to the image pool but do I need to build more than 100 blocks linked to the other questions? I wonder if there is a simpler way/or existed codes?

Thanks a lot
icon

Best answer by TJUH_Kai 30 January 2020, 16:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
1. Create a Embedded Data block in the beginner of your survey flow.
2. Create an embedded data, name it random_picture_id, and set its value to a random number.
3. Use that random number to pick a pictures from your image pool.
4. Then dynamically insert the picture into the question using Question's Add JavaScript > addOnload function
Badge +1
That is a amazing! Thanks a lot!
Badge +1
> @TJUH_Kai said:
> 1. Create a Embedded Data block in the beginner of your survey flow.
> 2. Create an embedded data, name it random_picture_id, and set its value to a random number.
> 3. Use that random number to pick a pictures from your image pool.
> 4. Then dynamically insert the picture into the question using Question's Add JavaScript > addOnload function

May I ask how what is the code I should write? TBH I have zero knowledge about Java, Thanksssss a lot!!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
You need to hire a web developer (HTML, JavaScript, CSS) to help you out.
Badge +1
> @TJUH_Kai said:
> You need to hire a web developer (HTML, JavaScript, CSS) to help you out.
Ah I see. Thanks a lot!

Leave a Reply